Marine Society and Sea Cadets are currently looking for a Senior Trusts Officer to become part of our London team. This role is a full time, permanent position with a salary of £34,000 per annum DOE pro rata.
The Marine Society & Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a vibrant and growing charity delivering life changing nautical adventure for young people through the Sea Cadets together with personal and professional development opportunities for seafarers with the Marine Society. Together with our staff, cadets and volunteers, we have contributed extensively to the lives of thousands of young people and seafarers, while fully supporting our volunteers who are vital to our success.
About the Senior Trusts Officer role:
You will be leading and managing all trusts, foundations, ideally working toward multi-year partnerships with historic and new funding bodies. You will manage current large grants, working collaboratively with the Trusts Manager on impact reporting and evaluation. The Senior Trust Officer will write compelling and informative applications and will act as a senior fundraising team member.
You will be results-orientated, managing the entire trusts pipeline and developing statutory income alongside and will have proven, personal fundraising experience, ideally at the five and six figure level. You will have superior written communication skills and will be comfortable working within a small team environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships, multiyear partnerships and income from existing trusts and foundations
- Manage the Trusts coordinator role, setting goals and target, ensuring they meet them
- Research, develop and maintain new relationships to secure funding
- Write tailored, inspirational applications and project reports addressing grant-making priorities or requirements as specified - Develop and maintain reporting and application systems and coordinate information with regional offices
- Liaise closely with senior managers and teams to plan and develop the strongest possible proposals and build relationships
- Evaluate, monitor and report back to donors in a timely fashion on projects which have been funded
- Record details of applications made, funding pledged and forecast income
- Input and update information on our database
Experience needed as our Senior Trusts Officer:
- Experience of working with young people or community development
- Experience of developing and implementing a trust fundraising programme
- Excellent planning and time management, with the ability to work proactively, to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Proven record of securing high level (six figure) grants from Trusts and other grant-making bodies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships with grant-making organisations
- Experience of researching Trust funding opportunities
- Considerable experience in relationship management and of influencing trust personnel
In return as our Senior Trusts Officer you will receive:
- Competitive reward package including eligibility to join the employer’s generous voluntary contributory pension
- MSSC private medical insurance scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
If you would like to join our team as our Senior Trusts Officer role then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Successful applicants will be required to undergo relevant mandatory checks