Are you an experienced journalist looking to cover print, online and video? Our Wealth Manager title covers the exciting and ever-changing world of finance and investment. You will work alongside experts and write high quality breaking news and features. At Citywire we believe in rewarding hard work and actively promote upskilling and training.
The role and the team
We have a vacancy for a reporter to join our fast-paced editorial team, writing for our weekly Wealth Manager magazine, and website in our London office. You will be expected to cover a beat of fund and wealth management companies, building relationships and breaking industry news, while working to tight deadlines.
The team is highly collaborative, working closely with other departments within Citywire to add depth to our coverage. It is also competitive, working passionately to break news ahead of rivals and land scoops that will turn heads. There is a supportive ethos within both the team and Citywire more broadly, with a meritocratic culture that rewards success.
When you join us you will be…
- Breaking industry news
- Writing in-depth analytical pieces for the magazine
- Developing original content that demonstrates a thorough understanding of our readership
- Building relationships with senior management across the industry
- Helping manage our social media strategy
- Delivering video interviews
Some things it would be good to have:
- 12 months’ journalism experience
- A track record of breaking news
- An understanding of financial markets and a strong contact book
- Buckets of drive and enthusiasm
- A flair for clear and concise writing
- An excellent grasp of the English language
Citywire will offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme,
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme,
- Subsidised gym options.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
Please do not miss our latest company video and Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgYBEKicRU
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.