Park Chinois represents the ultimate Chinese fine dining and entertainment restaurant. Located in the heart of Mayfair, Park Chinois is a feast for the senses with its stunning décor and divine attention to detail. With a majestic ambience alongside an eclectic selection of music and vocal performances in an atmosphere of sophisticated, charming elegance, combined with exceptional food quality underpinned by classic fine dining service culture.
Behind the intriguing red doors is the expansive world of Park Chinois. An entertainment restaurant that pays homage to the opulence and decadence of 1930s Shanghai, with exquisite regional Chinese food and a contemporary in-house theatre company hosting nights of exceptional live entertainment and mischievous fun, all within the heart of London’s Mayfair. Interiors were inspired by the aesthetics of Chinoiserie; which celebrates the French love affair for the mystique of the Orient resulting in a jaw-dropping interior and an unparalleled dining experience.
The Barback in an integral part of the bar service production. The Barback will work closely with the Bartenders and the Bar team at Park Chinois and support the delivery of an intuitive, refined, world class bar experience to each guest. The role is responsible for the seamless bar service, working alongside and assisting the Bartenders to create an eclectic combinations for each guest. Passionate for the craft, they assist the bar team with quality ingredients and garnishes, glassware presentation, immaculate bar station set up and cleanliness, as well as working with rare and premium products and spirits in the curation of seasonally inspired mixtures.
Role and responsibilities
The Barback will be expected to have passion and some knowledge working with spirits and cocktail ingredients, to allow them to support the bar team and meet expectations. The Barback will be focused, attuned to service dynamics with great attention to detail and eagerness to progress within the Park Chinois team.
The main duties include:
- Prepare ingredients to be used during service.
- Efficiently and continuously re-stock bar area with ice, straws, napkins, mixers, liquor and spirits for bartender use.
- Stock refrigerating units with soft drinks and bottled beer
- Fill beverage dispensers and replace empty beer kegs using safe lifting techniques.
- Using food handling skills, assist with preparing garnish for drinks, slice and pit fruits.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean linens, silverware, glassware, dishes or trays for repeated bartender use.
- Manage closing duties, including cleaning entire bar and back area, wash bar tops and back counters, polish bar fixtures, remove empty bottles and trash.
- Serve as “relief bartender” during rush hours, seamlessly integrating into the mix. Taking on any other duties for servers during busy or understaffed times
- Always promoting the brand and maintaining positivity with every task and guest interaction.
- Generate new ideas concerning how to keep the bar running efficiently during the extreme busy months.
- Perform all of these duties promptly and appropriately in a high-energy, high-volume atmosphere where combination of hard work and the right attitude are essential for success.
The right candidate must:
- Have a confident and charming demeanour, with ability to build immediate rapport and create a memorable bar experience.
- Have the ability to adapt to different types of events from unique private dinners or late night parties to corporate events and will have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Provide a professional, friendly and courteous service to all customers at Park Chinois and contribute to the overall guest and staff satisfaction, by supporting the Salon de Chine and Club Chinois Bar operations.
- Have some food and beverage industry background, basic understanding of competitors and local area awareness to maintain the highest service standards.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role and industry desirable, however Park Chinois welcomes applications at entry Bar levels
- Able to work in a fast-peace environment and stay calm under pressure
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Self-motivated, hardworking multi-tasker with bags of energy and a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Ability to work full time and flexible hours as required by the business
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Uniform provided and dry cleaned
- 30% discount in Park Chinois Restaurant
- Personal development and training
Park Chinois welcomes applications at entry Bar level.